Read the full disclaimer here.
I absolutely LOVE my electric pressure cooker! I’ve had it for over a year and a half and it has saved me so much time. You know, those nights you wander into the kitchen and realize how late it is and you haven’t even given a thought to what you’re making for supper! I can make fresh green bean, potatoes and cottage ham in this puppy in 30 minutes! The potatoes are tender and the green beans aren’t “squeaky” – you know, the kind you bite into them and they’re still rubbery so they squeak between your teeth! I throw those 3 ingredients with a tiny bit of salt and a couple tablespoons of butter and yummy – quick and delicious supper in 1/3 the time.
One of my favorite options my pressure cooker offers would be the Brown option. The Risotto recipe I have calls for you to saute’ the onions and garlic before starting – you can do it RIGHT IN THE POT!! This is truly one dish cooking! Without delay, here is my favorite recipe!
The picture doesn’t do it justice! It’s yummy!!!
- 4 T Olive Oil
- 4 T Butter, divided
- 1 Medium Onion
- 2 Garlic Cloves, minced
- 8 oz. Portobello or White Mushrooms, sliced
- 1-1/2 Cups Risotto Rice (Arborio Rice)
- 4 Cups Chicken Broth
- 1-1/2 Cups Parmesan Cheese, grated
- In pressure cooker, heat olive oil and 2 T butter on the saute’ or brown mode
- Add onion and garlic and saute’ until translucent
- Add mushrooms and rice and stir until rice is coated with oil
- Add chicken broth
- Cover and cook for 12 minutes
- Release pressure and add remaining butter and cheese
I hope you enjoy this recipe as much as I do. Happy Thanksgiving, experimenters!!